Italian Australian Foundation Travel Grant
The Italian Australian Foundation Travel Grant is a $4000 scholarship created to support disadvantaged students of Italian descent who are travelling to Monash University’s Prato Centre or another destination in Italy. The grant is designed to assist students who wish to gain international experience and enrich their understanding of their Italian cultural heritage.
This scholarship is provided by the Italian Australian Foundation which is an association dedicated to providing welfare and education services to people of Italian descent resident in Australia.
15 January - 14 February 2020
Total scholarship value
Ten scholarships available
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen of Italian descent*.
- Currently enrolled at a Monash Campus in Australia.
- Approved by faculty and Monash Abroad to undertake a credit bearing overseas study program at the Monash University Prato Centre or other approved destination in Italy.
- Experiencing low income.
- Consideration may be given to students who have, in addition to low income, experienced other forms of educational disadvantage, such as students who:
- are from a regional or remote area of Australia
- are experiencing difficult circumstances
- have a disability or medical condition.
*For the purposes of this grant, Italian descent is defined as being able to trace Italian ancestry within three generations on at least one side of the family.
- $4000 one-off payment.
- Ten scholarships available.
- Based on academic achievement and need.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients will be required to submit a report to the donor regarding their overseas travel and describe how this experience enriched their understanding of their Italian cultural heritage.
How to apply
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash.
- Cannot be deferred.