Lesley Bell Medical Travel Grant
This scholarship was introduced to assist final year students studying the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine to undertake an elective placement in a developing country.
17 Jan - 4 Mar 2022
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current full-time student enrolled in the final year of the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine in 2020 at a Monash campus in Australia or eligible students at Deakin University, and have spent time at Eastern Health in Clinical Years.
- Undertaking an elective placement in a developing country or an Indigenous community.
- $2500 one-off payment.
- The number offered varies.
- Based on academic achievement.
- The merit of the proposed work program in a remote or indigenous community (as determined by the selection committee).
- The quality of the written submission, in which students will be expected to demonstrate how the financial assistance of the bursary would assist with the budgeted cost of undertaking the elective.
- The involvement in clinical placements at Eastern Health.
- The priority of the selected developing country within the overall plans of Monash/Deakin and the Rotary Club and Eastern Health.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.