Mallee Division of General Practice Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Excellence
Do you live in the Mallee Region of Northern Victoria? If you are currently a student at the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash or intend to pursue a degree here, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
The Mallee Division of General Practice Scholarship was introduced to assist and encourage students from the Mallee region to pursue a degree in medicine, nursing and health sciences at Monash. You will receive $8000 per year.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $32,000
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- M2006: Bachelor of Nursing
- M2011: Bachelor of Paramedicine
- M3001: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- M3002: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- M3006: Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours)
- M3007: Bachelor of Nursing and Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours)
- M6011 or M6018: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Residing or have studied in the Mallee region of Northern Victoria
(as determined by the postcodes: 2648, 2715, 2717, 2736-2739, 3396, 3490, 3491, 3494, 3496, 3498, 3500-3502, 3505, 3509, 3512, 3533, 3546, 3549, 3585 but not extending to Kerang, 3588-3590, 3594, 3595, 3597, 3599)
- From one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Have a low income
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
Commencing or continuing student, enrolled or intending to enrol full-time in one of the following degrees in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at a Monash campus in Australia
- $8000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- Two scholarships available per year.
- Awarded to the highest achieving student based on academic achievement and need.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.