Mathew Peck Travelling Grant
The Mathew Peck Travelling Grant has been created to support students studying the Bachelor of Pharmacy as they participate in an International Health Development Program in a developing country. Students are selected based on their community participation and commitment to understanding international health issues. The $4000 grant provides financial assistance for the students who also receive mentoring in the field with a pharmacist as part of the program.
17 Jan - 4 Mar 2022
Total scholarship value
Variable depending on funding
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- Current full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the third or fourth year of the Bachelor of Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy/Bachelor of Commerce at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Intending to participate in an international health development program in a developing country.
- Minimum of a credit average (60 per cent or above) in your most recent 48 credit points of study in pharmacy units.
- $4000 one-off payment.
- Mentoring in the field with a pharmacist as part of the International Health Development Program.
- Variable depending on funding.
- Based on personal attributes, community participation, leadership qualities and an ability to act independently.
- Demonstrated commitment and motivation through participation in community, school or local organisations.
- An understanding of international health issues and a motivation to make a contribution in the area of international health.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
- Students must present a written report and oral presentation with photos within one month of your return, and be prepared to participate in publicity and fundraising opportunities
- Students are allowed to defer their program of travel due to unforeseen health or personal reasons or changed local conditions.
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Apply direct to Monash