Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship
Are you an asylum seeker on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for the Monash undergraduate degree of your choice plus a yearly allowance of $5000.
Close 20 December 2017
Total scholarship value
Full course fees plus up to $25,000 allowance
Varies (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- Holder of a Bridging Visa A or E
You must be studying as one of the following:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in another country
- Current student at another tertiary institution
- Completed an undergraduate degree from any institution
You must meet the following criteria:
- Full international student course fees paid for the duration of the degree
- An allowance of $5000 per year (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed
Two per year
Awarded based on academic achievement and personal circumstances.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
- You can continue to receive the scholarship if your residency changes, however you will not be eligible to continue to receive tuition payments if you are changed to a Commonwealth Supported Place and are eligible to defer your fees, but you may continue to receive the allowance.
- If stated in your offer letter, you may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits.
How to apply
- To apply for the scholarship, you must fill out a separate application form and submit it by Wednesday, 20 December 2017.
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course, and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.