Monash Community Leaders Scholarship
Are you interested in mentoring students from under-represented high schools? The Monash Community Leaders Scholarship recognises excellence for those participating in the Access Monash Mentoring Program. You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills, while being a mentor to high school students.
This scholarship is available to both commencing and current students, with an ATAR of 85.00+ or a minimum weighted average mark of 65.
1 August - 31 October 2017
Total scholarship value
$4000 for one year only
300+ per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must be studying as one of the following:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
- Current Monash student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing students must achieve an ATAR of 85.00+
- Current students must achieve a weighted average mark of 65+
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor
- Involved in school and community activities that benefit others
- For current students, you must have completed at least two semesters of study
- $4000 for one year only (you can apply again each year)
- Develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills
- Participate in leadership and networking opportunities with senior Monash staff, alumni and community leaders
300+ per year
This scholarship is awarded based on academic achievement, Access Monash Mentor application and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain full-time enrolment and fulfil the requirements of the Access Monash Mentor role.
How to apply
- To be considered for this scholarship, you need to apply to become an Access Monash Mentor by 31 October 2017
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed between 17 November and 1 December
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.