Monash Indigenous Scholarship for Achievement and Equity
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
We reward talented Indigenous Australians who want to make change in the world. Whether you’re a commencing or current Monash student, or applying from another institution, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
Five per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at Monash campus in Australia
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia, OR
- Current Monash student, OR
- Current student at another tertiary institution, OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree from any institution
- Of Indigenous Australian background
- Consideration is given if you are from one or more educational disadvantage groups:
- Have a low income
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 per annum(48 credit points of study), paid per year until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
- Five scholarships available per year
- Based on academic achievement and need.
- Consideration is given to applicants who are from one or more of our defined educational disadvantage groups.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.