Monash Juris Doctor Asylum Seeker Scholarship
If you are intending to enrol as a full-time Monash Juris Doctor student or are a current Monash Juris Doctor student you may be eligible for this scholarship.
Close: Trimester 1 2020: 4 Nov 2019
Total scholarship value
Tuition fees paid and $1000 pa
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A holder of an Australian Bridging Visa A or E
- A commencing Monash University postgraduate (coursework) student who is enrolled or intending to enrol full-time as a Monash JD student, attending the Monash Law City Campus
- Previous completion, or are about to complete, an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification recognised for admission to the Juris Doctor program.
- Tuition fees paid and $1000 per annum for the minimum number of credit points required to complete the degree.
- Additional $3000 one-off payment for the first year of study to contribute to travel and relocation costs if applicable.
- Variable depending on funding
- Awarded basis of need.
- Applicants must provide a video application that demonstrates what the scholarship opportunity will enable them to achieve and how they will contribute to creating a vibrant, positive learning environment (may include one or more of the following; industry/life experience, cultural background and/or extracurricular activities).
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time (48 credit points) study load.
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.