Monash Scholarship for Excellence
We reward excellence at all levels. The Monash Scholarship for Excellence is offered to the 40 highest-achieving students who achieve an ATAR between 98.00 and 99.85. We also have additional scholarships for current students or students transferring from another tertiary institution.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $24,000
40 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- An Indigenous Australian
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must be studying as one of the following:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in another country
- Current Monash student
- Current student at another tertiary institution
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing students must achieve an ATAR of 98.00+
- Intending to enrol in a full-time undergraduate degree at Monash (Bachelor)
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) up to a maximum of four years
- Current Monash students and students transferring from another university or TAFE will receive $6000 paid for one year only
- An invitation to apply for Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students
40 per year
- Year 12 students: We award this scholarship to the top 40 students who achieve an ATAR between 98.00 and 99.65.
- Current Monash students: We award this scholarship to the highest-achieving eligible students who have completed at least one year of full time study AND achieve a minimum of a high distinction (80%) weighted average mark. Note: some faculties may use additional criteria to assess eligible students.
- Students from other tertiary institutions: You will be assessed based on your ATAR as well as all academic achievements in prior studies.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
How to apply
- No application is required
- All eligible students who list Monash University as a VTAC course preference will be automatically assessed.
- Offers will be made from mid-December and throughout January and February
- This scholarship can be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.