Monash UniStart Support Scholarship
A great start to university
Starting at university can come with lots of unexpected costs for books, equipment, transport and accommodation. This scholarship provides low income earners with additional funds to help with educational costs. You will receive $1500 in your first year at uni and $500 in subsequent years.
13 May - 28 June 2019
Total scholarship value
Up to $3500
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Have a low income or be an Indigenous Australian
- Commencing a Monash undergraduate undergraduate degree (Bachelor) at a Monash campus in Australia
- Not receiving any other scholarship or award payment (except for one-off equity grants such as Global Equity Grant or Practical Placement Grant)
- Have not undertaken any previous study at Monash
- $1500 paid in your first year of study, paid as $1,000 in Semester 1 and $500 in Semester 2.
$500 paid in Semester 1 in each subsequent year of study, for the duration of your degree.
- All eligible students who are not receiving another scholarship will receive an offer
- Award based on need.
To retain this scholarship:
- If you were awarded on the basis of low income, you must verify your financial circumstances each year in Semester 1.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.