MRS Accommodation Scholarship
Are you planning to reside on campus at Monash Residential Services? If you are experiencing educational disadvantage, you may be able to get a grant to assist with accommodation costs. Submit your scholarship applications through VTAC now.
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
$3000 for one year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- From one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Have a low income
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- An Indigenous Australian
- A commencing student intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Intending to reside at Monash Residential Services as a new resident. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- $3000 paid monthly as $300 rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- 10 scholarships available per year.
- Awarded based on need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
- Recipients must maintain full time enrolment.
- Recipients must remain in residency with Monash Residential Services and not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency
How to apply
- To apply, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.