MRS Queer Leadership scholarship
Monash Residential Services (MRS) on campus accommodation represents a diverse and inclusive community and residents represent cultures, religion, race and beliefs from all over the world. MRS is committed to maintaining LGBTIQ inclusivity within these diverse communities that house over 3000 residents. This scholarship will serve as a pathway to provide students of diverse genders and sexualities the capability to afford accommodation on campus at MRS, in a community that is accepting and respectful of their diversity.
Total scholarship value
Up to $3500
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled or intending to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Be intending to reside at MRS or a current resident with MRS. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- Identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer* (LGBTIQ).
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
*In this context queer is used as an umbrella term to describe people of diverse genders and sexualities.
- Full scholarship: $350 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Half scholarship: $175 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Two scholarships available per year.
- Based on academic achievement and interview performance, demonstrating:
- Commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of issues that may affect people of diverse genders and sexualities.
- Confidence about sharing that knowledge in order to make a difference.
To retain this scholarship:
- Dependent upon your ongoing participation in LGBTIQ inclusion activities at MRS.
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.
- Recipients must maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 70 (credit average) each semester.
- Recipients must remain in residency with Monash Residential Services and not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency.