MRS Undergraduate Equity Scholarship
This scholarship has been made available for disadvantaged students living at Monash Residential Services, especially those with a low income status.
17 Jan - 4 Mar 2022
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Previous resident with Monash Residential Services at any Monash campus in Australia in the last year, for at least six months.
- Current resident with Monash Residential Services at any Monash campus in Australia
- Have a low income.
- You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- $1200 paid monthly as $120 rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Based on need.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to having a low income, applicants experience other forms of educational disadvantage such as:
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must remain in residency with Monash Residential Services and not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency or Residential Tenancy Act (refer to http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au), if residing in studio apartments (NRAS).
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
- Cannot be deferred.
- For current Monash students, apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with another accommodation scholarship. This scholarship can be held in conjunction with an RA Scholarship.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Apply direct to Monash