Rene Van der Borght Applied Mathematics Honours Scholarship
The Rene Van der Borght Applied Mathematics Honours Scholarship is the School of Mathematical Science's premier award at the undergraduate level. It is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students who wish to continue their passion in applied mathematics through research programs offered in their honours year.
No application required
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Average mark of 90% in 24 credit points of relevant applied mathematics, astrophysics or atmospheric science units at level three
- Commencing full-time in the honours degree of the Bachelor of Science, or the 48 credit point honours year in the Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours, in applied mathematics, astrophysics or atmospheric science, at Clayton campus
- Supervised by a staff member in the School of Mathematical Sciences
- $5000 for one year only (48 credit points of study).
- One scholarship available per year.
- Awarded based on academic achievement.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment
How to apply
- No application is required. All eligible students will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.