Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence
The prestigious Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship is generously funded by a group of Monash alumni who live and work in Singapore - alumni who are passionate about making an outstanding international education available to young people from the region. Its goal? To change lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students from the ASEAN region to study at Monash University.
If successful, you will receive tuition fee and related study cost support valued up to $360,000 AUD, allowing you to complete a full-time single undergraduate degree at any of Monash’s Australian campuses, as well as the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in Australian culture.
8 April - 17 July 2022
Total scholarship value
Up to $360,000 AUD over four years
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an ASEAN country https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/southeast-asia
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree*, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Have not previously studied at Monash
- You must demonstrate that you come from a low income household
- You must have not commenced university study at any institution
* Double degree applicants are not eligible.
- Tuition fees
- $14,000 AUD allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- Student visa costs
- Additional $3,000 AUD one-off establishment payment in the first year
- One return flight in the first year
One scholarship is available in 2022 for commencement in February 2023.
In the instance where there is more than one outstanding applicant, the panel may elect to award additional scholarships.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Students will be assessed on their personal aspiration statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50.
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
How to apply
- Applications close on 17 July 2022.
- Additional information for applicants can be downloaded here.
- For this scholarship, you must submit a separate online Applications form.
- We encourage you to submit your scholarship application using the online form.
- Alternatively, you may download an offline application form and send all documents to email@example.com with the subject header Singapore Alumni ASEAN Scholarship - [Your Name].
- You will also need to submit a course application.
- Applications for this scholarship will have their $100 course application fee waived. Please request a waiver code from firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your course application.
- More information and entry requirements for international undergraduate courses 2022.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 19 August 2022.
- We are aware that schools may delay examination due to COVID-19, and will ensure that our timeline is updated regularly to reflect these changes.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.