Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin Fine Art Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students on low income, who have not previously completed tertiary study, to provide them with the opportunity to travel as part of their Fine Arts degree.
Established in memory of Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin, reflecting their belief in the creative arts and value of international travel. Tess and Bill believed the opportunity to travel broadened the mind, exposed students to new and experimental trends, and encouraged cross-cultural understanding.
17 Jan - 4 Mar 2022
Total scholarship value
Up to $20,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Fine Art specialisation (Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Fine
Art, Bachelor of Art History & Curating) at a Monash campus in Australia
- Have not previously completed a degree or higher qualification from a tertiary institution
- Experiencing low income
Scholarship value will vary, up to a value of $20,000.
The number available will vary according to funds available.
The scholarship is awarded on low income and scholarship proposal. The panel will assess artistic merit,
artistic and professional development, international study, engagement, and viability.
To retain this scholarship:
Students must provide a report on their experience within six weeks of returning from their travel.
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- Current Monash students, applications are open 17 January - 4 March (2pm) 2022 apply directly to Monash.