The Woolmark Company Prato Study Scholarship
This scholarship offers a unique opportunity to tour Woolmark allied creative industries especially the textile industry in Milan. The Australian Woolmark Company is a research and development institute and is involved in the commercialisation of wool technologies now recognised as a global authority on Merino wool.
14 May - 29 June 2018
Total scholarship value
$5,000 one-off payment
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- Australian student visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current students must achieve a weighted average mark of 60+
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program offered by Monash Art, Design or Architecture, Monash Arts, or Monash Business School, or a related double degree at a Monash Campus in Australia.
- Have completed 24 credit points at time of application.
- $5,000 one-off payment.
- Up to two-weeks industry tour led by The Woolmark Company's Milan office (travel and accommodation for the tour are not included in the scholarship).
- Opportunity to participate in relevant extra-curricular activities related to the historical significance of the Prato textile industry.
- Invitation to visit Geelong wool growers to observe the role of Woolmark in assisting the Australian wool industry (prior to departure for Italy).
- Possible invitation to provide a presentation about your experience on return from the trip to Australian Woolmark representatives.
- A Woolmark medal and certificate.
Two scholarships available per year.
Awarded based on a combination of academic achievement and a written statement demonstrating how the Italian industry experience is relevant to their course, interests and professional career and development goals.
To retain this scholarship:
- The recipient must meet Faculty and Monash Abroad eligibility criteria to undertake a credit bearing overseas study program at Monash University Prato Centre.
- Meet prerequisites, as outlined in the current handbook by the time of departure and enrol in Prato units.
- Submit a report to the donor reflecting on their Italian Industry experience.