Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Excellence
This scholarship provides access to a Monash education for talented students who may not otherwise be able to fund their studies. If you are a low income earner and achieve an ATAR of 95.00+ you may be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for Excellence.
7 August - 13 October 2017
Total scholarship value
Up to $36,000
130+ per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must be studying as one of the following:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing students must achieve an ATAR of 95.00+
- Current students must achieve a weighted average mark of 80+
- Intending to enrol in a full-time undergraduate degree at Monash (Bachelor)
- Have a low income
- Commencing Year 12 students: $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree
- Current Monash students and students applying from another university or TAFE: $6000 paid for one year only (you can reapply each year)
- 130 for Year 12 students
- 20 for current Monash students or students applying from another university or TAFE
- To be considered, you must have an ATAR of 95.00+ (for Year 12 students) or a minimum of a high distinction 80% weighted average mark (for current students).
- We will award this scholarship based on need. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who are experiencing other forms of educational disadvantage.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester
- You must verify your financial circumstances each semester
How to apply
- For Year 12 students, submit a scholarship application through VTAC. VTAC scholarship applications open: 7 August - 13 October 2017
- For current students or students from other tertiary institutions, apply directly to Monash. Monash applications open: 1 August - 31 October 2017
- This scholarship can be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.