Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Excellence
Part of the Sir John Monash Scholarship Program
This scholarship provides access to a Monash education for talented students who may not otherwise be able to fund their studies. If you are a low income earner and achieve an ATAR of 95.00+ you may be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for Excellence.
5 August - 6 November 2019
Total scholarship value
Up to $36,000
130+ per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Currently in Year 12 or IB student, or completed Year 12 or IB in previous year and has not undertaken any other tertiary study.
- Continuing undergraduate student at Monash or wishing to apply to Monash from another university/TAFE, or holder of a higher education award and enrol in an undergraduate course at Monash.
- ATAR of 95.00 or current students and students applying to Monash from other tertiary institutions with a high distinction average (80% or above) – you must have completed at least 48 credit points of study. Students applying to Monash from other tertiary institutions are assessed based on course application, prior academic achievement and ATAR (equivalent of high distinction average).
- Commencing Year 12 students: $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree
- Current Monash students and students applying from another university or TAFE: $6000 paid for one year only (you can reapply each year)
- 130 scholarships available per year for Year 12 students.
- 20 scholarships available per year for current Monash students or students applying from another university or TAFE
- Awarded based on academic achievement and need.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to being a low income earner, you experience other forms of educational disadvantage
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 60 each semester.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.