What's the process for under 18 applicants?

If you're under 18, planning to study at Monash and applying for a student visa, you must have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place to be issued with a student visa by the Department of Home Affairs.

Please refer to the following website for under 18 information for Monash University and for Monash College.

Can I stay with my relatives if I am under 18?

Yes you can. Please find a list of eligible relatives and how to apply for approval can be found here

Can I live in a place that is not a Monash approved accommodation?

No, you can only stay in either Monash approved accommodation OR with a Department of Home Affairs’ approved relative aged over 21.

Can I arrive with my parents earlier than the welfare arrangements start date?

Yes you can but it is subject to approval. Please contact us for further assistance.