The benefits of university education
Improve your prospects for work and life
- University graduates earn over 70 per cent (nearly $1 million) more in their lifetime than those who complete year 12 alone (Grattan Institute 2012).
- University graduates are more likely to find employment (Graduate Careers Australia).
- University graduates are prepared for the future world of work, which will demand adaptable employees with broad skills (Australian Bureau of Statistics 2016).
Learn and discover
- University education exposes students to new research and technology.
- Studying at university encourages creative and independent thought.
- Students are given the chance to travel and experience life overseas through study abroad programs.
- University life exposes students to other cultures and backgrounds.
Achieve and excel
- Students conquer intellectual challenges and develop a sense of achievement.
- University builds initiative and leadership skills that can be used for life.
Establish professional connections
- University is where students build their first adult networks.
- Students meet friends and mentors that become future contacts and colleagues
- Students mix with inspiring academic staff who are leading experts in their field.