|Date||Friday 9 February 2018|
|Time||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEST|
|Venue||The Dome, Birrarung Marr, Melbourne|
Do we have the capability to reverse global warming within a meaningful time frame?
Anna Skarbek, CEO of ClimateWorks Australia will be taking part in the Sustainable Living Festival's Great Debate for 2018.
This is the debate of all debates! The chance for us to create a sustainable world now rests precariously in our ability to reverse dangerous global warming in a meaningful time frame. Is it now possible to restore climate conditions back to those safe for human civilisation?
This feature festival event boldly sets out to make the seemingly impossible, possible - exploring the vital role carbon ‘drawdown’ could play in helping reach a below zero emission world. What will Australia’s role look like in mounting this historic social, political and technical mobilisation to cool the planet quickly?
- Paul Hawken – Environmentalist, Author & Activist
- Kelly O’Shanassy – CEO, Australian Conservation Foundation
- Clive Hamilton – Author & Academic
- Ian Dunlop – Former Chair of the Australian Coal Association
- Anna Skarbek – CEO, ClimateWorks
- David Spratt – Climate Policy Analyst
- Bernie Hobbs – Science Writer & Presenter (MC)