Volunteer to be a walking help desk!
ASK Me student volunteers help new students find their way around campus and settle into uni life at the beginning of each semester.
By volunteering for this program you will:
- help new students feel supported, less stressed, and more engaged
- encourage them to be involved in the wider Monash community
- receive a free ASK Me t-shirt and hoodie, training, and an opportunity to develop your communication and interpersonal skills.
This program is a collaboration between TeamMONASH and the student associations on each campus.
As an ASK Me volunteer your role will include helping students with:
- finding their faculty, the library and other buildings on campus
- using the cross-campus shuttle bus service and campus security
- learning about services and facilities provided by the University and student associations.
You'll do a compulsory training course that involves:
- short online modules covering key services for Monash students (for example, Monash Connect, Monash Residential Services, Monash Sport, TeamMONASH)
- two hours face-to-face training session before the start of each semester, held at Clayton Campus (dates and times to be confirmed).
You are required to have a least one semester's experience of student life before applying.
Tel: 9905 9364