Healthy Sleep Clinic
At the Healthy Sleep Clinic our priority is the improvement of treatment for sleep disorders, in particular: Insomnia, Circadian Rhythm Disorders, and more recently Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. All patients of the Healthy Sleep Clinic are invited to take part in ongoing research projects.
Our newly established sub-clinic, The OSA Clinic, is led by Associate Professor Garun Hamilton and is run within the Healthy Sleep Clinic.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Individuals having sleep difficulties, such as insomnia.
- Individuals with circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders, for example those with delayed sleep phase disorder, or shift-workers with sleep difficulties.
- Individuals with sleep difficulties as well as other co-existing mental and/or physical health conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, chronic pain.
We provide service to adults and adolescents aged 16 years and above.
For an appointment with one of our Sleep Physicians clients must be over 18 years of age.
For an appointment with a sleep psychologist we are able to book appointments for both adults and adolescents.
The initial consultation with the sleep physician is bulk billed.
A small fee covers the comprehensive CBT-I package or circadian re-entraining. This includes visits with our sleep psychologist, with rebates available through Medicare with a Mental Health Care Plan provided by your GP.
HOW TO ACCESS OUR SERVICE?
Before you visit us, please visit your GP in order to obtain the following two referrals so you can receive Medicare rebates for your visits:
- a referral to a Sleep Physician for the initial consultation;
- a Mental Health Care Plan to see a Sleep Psychologist under Medicare.
We recommend you obtain both referrals during your visit to your GP, so you can receive the full benefits of our service without delay.