Occupational Health & Safety
The Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards for Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) recognise individuals and teams who have made an outstanding contribution by implementing innovative and exciting ideas in OH&S at Monash.
This year, the awards will be celebrated with an in-person event to be held on 24 November 2021 for the shortlisted nominees, their nominators and special guests. Award winners will be further recognised through a permanent citation on the Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards website.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence awards recognise staff whose contributions to the University have gone beyond the regular scope of their roles to demonstrate significant and sustained achievement against one or more of the following themes:
- Fostering cross-university collaboration to implement an innovative health and/or safety strategy to improve the University’s work or study environment
- Implemented a health and safety initiative resulting in a significant reduction in incident or injury rates
- Fostering a positive OH&S culture to achieve effective outcomes for the Monash community
- Successfully promoting an occupational health initiative - this award theme is in memory of Helen Powell.
Submissions should address the following criteria:
Excellence in OH&S - Describe the achievements of the nominated individual or team in relation to the themes above and outline how the nominee/s demonstrated innovation going beyond the scope of their role/s.
Impact - Describe the positive impact the nominee/s achieved and the extent their contributions benefitted staff, students or the broader Monash community.
The awards are open to staff and teams of Monash University. Eligibility applies as follows:
- Academic or professional staff (full-time, part-time, ongoing, and fixed-term)
- Nominees must have been continuously employed by Monash University for at least twelve months at the time of nomination
- Nominations can be for an individual or group project (teams, committees, and work units)
- Nominees must not have been a recipient of this award in the last two years.
A nominee's contribution to OH&S must go beyond the regular scope of their position at Monash and must exceed the role of a volunteer in a program or initiative.
Note, staff who have been subject to formal discipline/performance management within the past 12 months are ineligible to receive an Excellence Award.
- Individuals or teams may be nominated by another member of the Monash community. For team nominations the nominator must not be a member of the team
- Nominations will be subject to an eligibility check prior to progressing to review
- The nomination must be supported by the direct supervisor of the individual or team direct (not the team lead) and evidence of that support should be provided in the nomination submission
- The Awards Selection Committee may seek further endorsement from nominee's Head of Unit/Dean/Executive Director
- Nominators will receive an email to inform if the nominee has been shortlisted as a finalist
- Only the shortlisted nominees will be informed of their nomination and invited to the award ceremony on 24 November 2021 (the nominator will also be invited)
- In the case a shortlisted nominee is from an international campus, they will be invited to join the award ceremony virtually
- The Selection Committee’s decision for all awards is final. Please note, feedback on nominations and selection processes will not be provided
- Review the nomination guidelines
- Complete the online submission form
- Submit your nomination by Friday 13 August 2021
19 July 2021
13 August 2021
|September 2021||Selection takes place|
|Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Awards Event|