Henry lab publications
Selected highlight publications
1. Hewagalamulage SD, Clarke IJ, Young IR, Rao A, Henry BA. 2015. High cortisol response to adrenocorticotrophic hormone identifies ewes with reduced melanocortin signalling and increased propensity to obesity. J Neuroendocrinol 27(1): 44-56.
2. Lee TK, Lee C, Bischof R, Lambert GW, Clarke IJ and Henry BA. 2014. Stress-induced behavioural and metabolic adaptations lead to an obesity prone phenotype in ewes with high cortisol responses. Psychoneuroendocrinology 47: 166-77.
3. Lee TK, Clarke IJ, StJohn J, Young IR, Leury BJ, Rao A, Andrews ZB and Henry BA. 2014. High cortisol responses identify propensity to obesity that is linked to thermogenesis in skeletal muscle. Faseb J 28: 35-44.
4. Henry BA, Andrews ZB, Rao A and Clarke IJ. 2011. Central leptin activates mitochondrial function and increases heat production in skeletal muscle. Endocrinology 152: 2609-18.
5. Henry BA, Dunshea FR, Gould M and Clarke IJ. 2008. Profiling postprandial thermogenesis in muscle and fat of sheep and the central effect of leptin administration. Endocrinology 149(4): 2019-26.