Jacobson lab news
Behind every treatment that improves human health is a story of discovery. Every day we make new research discoveries and forge partnerships that have a global impact. Read about some of these here.
News and outreach highlights
Associate Professor Kim Jacobson’s expertise is often featured in the media. She is also a passionate advocate for equity in STEMM.
- How HIV’s evasion tactics could help fight the flu, The Conversation, December 2016
- Explainer: how viruses can fool the immune system, The Conversation, July 2015
Awards and fellowships:
- GSK puts Australian research on Discovery Fast Track, March 2019
- Monash BDI scientist receives Bellberry-Viertel Fellowship, November 2018
- Monash scientists win sought-after US immunology fellowship, July 2018
- Immunity researcher recognised with Young Tall Poppy Science Award, November 2016
Equity in STEMM
- Vice-Chancellor’s Diversity and Inclusion Awards recognises contributions to inclusivity, August 2017
- Six steps to fairer funding for female scientists, SBS News, October 2013
A contributor to The Conversation, Associate Professor Jacobson’s profile can be viewed here.
Monash BDI news
With 700 researchers making incredible discoveries daily, Monash BDI has many success stories to share.