Edwards lab publications
Selected highlight publications
1. Edwards BA, Redline S, Sands SA, Owens RL. More than the Sum of the Respiratory Events: Personalized Medicine Approaches for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019 Apr 25. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201901-0014TR.
2. Landry SA, Andara C, Terrill PI, Joosten SA, Leong P, Mann DL, Sands SA, Hamilton GS, Edwards BA. Ventilatory control sensitivity in patients with obstructive sleep apnea is sleep stage dependent. Sleep. 2018 May 1;41(5).
3. Edwards BA, Nava-Guerra L, Kemp JS, Carroll JL, Khoo MC, Sands SA, Terrill PI, Landry SA, Amin RS. Assessing ventilatory instability using the response to spontaneous sighs during sleep in preterm infants. Sleep. 2018 Nov 1;41(11).
4. Joosten SA, Leong P, Landry SA, Sands SA, Terrill PI, Mann D, Turton A, Rangaswamy J, Andara C, Burgess G, Mansfield D, Hamilton GS, Edwards BA. 2017. Loop gain predicts the response to upper airway surgery in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea: Ventilatory control abnormalities predict surgical responsiveness. Sleep. 2017 Jul 1;40(7).
5. Edwards BA, Andara C, Landry S, Sands SA, Joosten SA, Owens RL, White DP, Hamilton GS, Wellman A. 2016. Upper airway collapsibility and loop gain predict the response to oral appliance therapy in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 194(11):1413- 1422.
6. Edwards BA, Sands SA, Owens RL, Eckert DJ, Landry S, White DP, Malhotra A, Wellman A. 2016. The combination of supplemental oxygen and a hypnotic markedly improves obstructive sleep apnea in patients with a mild to moderate upper airway collapsibility. Sleep 39(11):1973-1983.
7. Edwards BA, Eckert DJ, McSharry DG, Sands SA, Desai A, Kehlmann G, Bakker JP, Genta PR, Owens RL, White DP, Wellman A, Malhotra A. 2014. Clinical Predictors of the Respiratory Arousal Threshold in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 190 (11):1293-1300