Samuel lab publications
Selected highlight publications
1. Wang C, Gaspari TA, Ferens D, Spizzo I, Kemp-Harper BK*, Samuel CS*. 2021. Simultaneous targeting of oxidative stress and fibrosis abrogates cardiomyopathy-induced ventricular remodelling and dysfunction. British Journal of Pharmacology doi: 10.1111/bph.15428
2. Li Y, Shen M, Ferens D, Broughton BRS, Murthi P, Saini S, Widdop RE, Ricardo SD, Pinar AA, Samuel CS*.2021. Combining mesenchymal stem cells with serelaxin provides enhanced renoprotection against 1K/DOCA/salt-induced hypertension. British Journal of Pharmacology 178,1164-1181
3. Chow BSM, Kocan M, Shen M, Wang Y, Han L, Chew JY, Wang C, Bosnyak S, Mirabito Colafella KM, Barsha G, Wigg B, Johnstone EKM, Hossain MA, Pfleger KDG, Denton KM, Widdop RE, Summers RJ, Bathgate RAD, Hewitson TD, Samuel CS*. 2019 AT1R-AT2R-RXFP1 functional crosstalk in myofibroblasts: Impact on the therapeutic targeting of renal and cardiac fibrosis. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 30,2191-2207
4. Royce SG, Patel KP, Mao W, Zhu D, Lim R, Samuel CS*. 2019. Serelaxin enhances the therapeutic effects of human amnion epithelial cell-derived exosomes in experimental models of lung disease. British Journal of Pharmacology 176,2195-2208
5. Hossain MA*, Kocan M, Yao ST, Royce SG, Nair VB, Siwek C, Patil NA, Harrison IP, Rosengren KJ, Selemidis S, Summers RJ, Wade JD*, Bathgate RAD*, and Samuel CS*. 2016. A single-chain derivative of the relaxin hormone is a functionally selective agonist of the G protein coupled receptor, RXFP1. Chemical Science 7, 3805-3819.