Monash has a strong, integrated network of world-class technology research platforms. These are made up of core facilities and capabilities that provide high-quality specialist research services.
Our platforms underpin our research efforts as well as provide access to our industry and collaborative research partners.
For our core facilities to operate at the level of a 'true' platform they must satisfy the following criteria:
- Cutting-edge, state-of-the-art equipment
- Internationally and/or nationally respected operators
- Standardised and accredited standard operating protocols (SOPs)
- Reputation for providing timely delivery of a quality product or service
- Highly trained staff, dedicated to the facility, with the capacity for troubleshooting
- Instrument maintenance/service is coordinated and resourced by formal agreements
- Capability advertised across the organisation
- Business planning
Our core technology research platforms are coordinated through the Office of the Vice-Provost (Research and Research Infrastructure). This ensures our platforms offer a seamless user experience, with strong governance, oversight and maintenance contracts in place.
- Monash Antibody Technologies Facility
MATF uses high-speed robotic platforms to produce custom-made, high-quality, high-affinity monoclonal antibodies for scientific and medical research.
- Monash Biomedical Imaging
MBI is a Monash University-led group of biomedical imaging facilities across our partner organisations that include hospitals and research organisations. We facilitate imaging research in preclinical and clinical X-Ray, CT, PET, SPECT and MRI.
- Monash Biomedical Proteomics Facility (Certified
Biomedical Proteomics provides a suite of fully automated mass spectrometry (MS) equipment and expertise to provide researchers with the information needed to understand the role of proteins and to help identify potential markers of disease, and targets for therapy.
- Centre for Drug Candidate Optimisation
The CDCO is a collaborative research centre that provides drug candidate optimisation services and supports emerging drug discovery and development programs.
- Monash Centre for Electron Microscopy
MCEM is a purpose-built facility that offers first-class research and expertise in electron microscopy and atom probe microscopy.
- Monash eResearch Centre MeRC encourages researchers to collaborate using the latest information communication technologies (ICT).
FishCore is home to the largest zebrafish facility in the southern hemisphere. Zebrafish are important research models in regenerative medicine.
FlowCore is a core flow cytometry unit that provides services to researchers within Monash and the wider scientific community. Our high-speed laser technology helps researchers generate data about the size, shape, and proteins associated with cells or particles of interest.
- Monash Macromolecular Crystallisation Facility
This facility provides high-throughput protein crystallisation of proteins that can provide a basis for understanding protein function and the rational design of therapeutics.
- Micromon (Certified
This facility provides fast turnaround in a range of DNA technologies. Our core facilities include long-read DNA Sequencing and Next-Generation Sequencing.
- Medical Genomics Facility – Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) (NATA Accredited)
This facility is located at the Monash Health Translation Precinct and provides a range of enabling genomic technologies.
- Monash Protein Production Unit
PPU offers expertise in protein expression, purification and optimisation using the latest high-throughput platforms.
- Monash Wind Tunnel Facility
Australia's largest wind tunnel is leading the way for aerodynamic and wind noise research as well as assisting the development of full-scale production vehicles for Australian and international markets.
- Monash Histology(Certified ISO9001) We provide expert service, advice and training for histological studies involving tissues embedded in paraffin and glycolmethacrylate. We also offer cryostat facilities for frozen specimens.
- Monash Bioinformatics Platform
This platform offers bioinformatics support to Monash, international biological researchers and industrial users.
- Monash Statistical Consulting PlatformThe Monash Statistical Consulting Platform provides assistance to students, researchers and industry with statistical data analysis, forecasting models, design surveys and in-house training.
- The Southeast Asia Community ObservatorySEACO is a developing longitudinal demographic health surveillance site located in Malaysia. It captures longitudinal biomedical, health, social, educational and environmental data on a population of approximately 70,000 people. High-quality data will be accessible for secondary analyses, or we can provide experienced data collectors for primary data collection.