Nguyen lab news
Dr Lan Ngyen’s lab’s ground-breaking work has featured prominently in many outlets. He and his lab are also active in various outreach activities. Here are a few highlights:
About Dr Nguyen's and his team's research
- July 2019, Sungyoung Shin’s paper on network modelling of TCR modelling and systems-level understanding of AICD is published in Scientific Reports
- April 2019, Our DEPTOR paper is featured in the TOP 100 most highly accessed Cell and Molecular Biology articles in 2018 by Nature Scientific Reports
- February 2019, Dr Lan Nguyen officially commenced his prestigious Mid-career Research Fellowship awarded by the Victorian Cancer Agency. Thanks to the VCA for this unique opportunity!
- June 2018: Our paper Systems modelling of the EGFR-PYK2-c-Met interaction network predicts and prioritizes synergistic drug combinations for triple-negative breast cancer in PLOS Computational Biology received wide coverage from international media outlets, including:
- ‘Kiss of death’ cancer – how computational scientists may have uncovered a therapy for a deadly disease, June 2018, Monash BDI News and Medical Xpress
- The answer to triple-negative breast cancer?, Science Daily
- Model finds drug combos to treat triple-negative breast cancer, UPI Health News
- Could a computer program treat triple negative breast cancer? LabOnline
- Computer Model for Combination Therapy Prediction in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Shows Efficacy, GenomeWeb (behind paywall)
L-R Dr Sung-Young Shin and Dr Lan Nguyen
- Optimizing drug combinations for cancer treatment through integrative network modelling, August 2019, Lan was the invited speaker at the University of Melbourne’s School of Mathematical and Computational Biology seminar series
- July 2019 Sungyoung Shin gave a talk at Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, following an invitation by Dr Michelle L Halls.
- July 2019 Lan was an invited Session Chair at the inaugural Melbourne Cell Biology and Signalling Conference, held at La Trobe University.
- May 2019 The 2019 Cell Signalling and its Therapeutic Implications (CSTI) conference where Lan was an organising committee member and a Session Chair has successfully concluded with approximately 100 attendees. The Nguyen Lab was well represented at this meeting.
- March 2019 Lan was invited to speak at the Hunter Cell Meeting in the beautiful Hunter Valley. This marked a beginning of hopefully a fruitful collaboration with James Burchfield and his group…
- February 2019 Lan was invited to speak about our work at the Institute of Big Data, Hanoi, hosted by Prof. Le Duc Hau.
- November 2018 Lan was an invited speaker at ICSB 2018 in Lyon France.
- October 2018 Lan visited and gave a talk at MRC Institute of Genetics & Molecular Medicine (IGMM), University of Edinburgh; catching up with our long-term collaborator Alex von Kriegsheim.
Lan at the CSTI conference in Australia, ICSB in Lyon, and IGMM in Scotland
Monash BDI news
With 700 researchers making incredible discoveries daily, Monash BDI has many success stories to share.