Traven lab news
Behind every treatment that improves human health is a story of discovery. Every day we make new research discoveries and forge partnerships that have a global impact. Read about some of these here.
News and outreach highlights
Professor Traven’s ground-breaking work has featured prominently in many outlets. Here are a few highlights:
About Professor Traven’s research:
- Ana received an ARC Future Fellowship for her project Metabolic control of gene expression networks and microbiome interactions.
- Ana explains her research in fungal pathogenesis and immune interactions for Monash Lens, Antibiotics and the battle against the superbugs, August 2018
- Jiyoti collaborates with Scott O’Neill’s lab (Institute for Vector-Borne Disease), New insights into how virus-blocking bacterium operates in mosquitos, Monash BDI News, March 2018
- Barbara’s Cell Reports paper on hyphal transitioning by Candida: Monash researchers reveal how a deadly fungal infection shape-shifts into an invasive monster, Monash BDI News, November 2018
- Tim’s and Jivoti’s Cell Metabolism paper on how Candida kills immune cells: Monash study exposes key tactic used by deadly fungus, Monash BDI News, May 2018
- Jiyoti’s PLoS Genetics paper on Candida biofilms: Herald Sun 2015, Melbourne scientists fight fatal fungus
Recognition, prizes, awards, leadership and outreach roles:
- Ana receives an ARC Future Fellowship Monash BDI news, October 2019
- Ana organises Monash-Warwick Alliance workshop to develop a joint approach to tackling antimicrobial resistance, Monash BDI News, April 2019
- Minister for Health the Hon. Greg Hunt MP visits the Traven lab, Monash BDI News, December 2018
- Tim’s and Jiyoti’s Cell Metabolism paper wins BDI Director’s Highly Commended Publication Award 2018, Monash BDI News, November 2018
- Ana wins the Georgina Sweet Award for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science:, Monash BDI News, October 2018
- Ana on a panel, at the Royal Society of Victoria: Slaying ‘superbugs’: Exploring the frontiers of antimicrobial resistance, Monash BDI News, September 2018,
Funding for critical research:
- Ana sets up a new collaboration with evolutionary biologist Mike McDonald in the Faculty of Science, supported by a Medicine-Science Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grant, Monash BDI News, September 2018
Monash BDI news
With 700 researchers making incredible discoveries daily, Monash BDI has many success stories to share.