P&H XPB 4100
- Identified the root cause/s of failure of boom, dipper handle, car body and track frame
- Developed FE model of boom and dipper handle
- Conducted measurement to define loading conditions experienced by these components
- Developed alternative repair techniques for improved repair life – boom, car body
- Developed risk management strategies including identification of critical areas for focused inspections
- Optimised of digital control system parameters for improved performance.
P&H XPB 4100 Case Study (pdf, 0.23 mb)