Feedback and Key Contacts
Data Protection and Privacy office
The University's Data Protection and Privacy office is responsible for the following activities:
- providing expert assistance with interpretation and compliance regarding applicable privacy laws and the Data Protection and Privacy Procedure;
- to manage data management privacy related queries, incidents and complaints;
- to conduct audits of the University's data management practices;
- provide guidance to Privacy Coordinators on escalated data and privacy queries;
- develop and publish supporting documents which assist in the application of the Data Protection and Privacy Procedure; and
- coordinate privacy related training and education for university employees.
If you would like further information on the information handling practices at Monash University please contact the Data Protection and Privacy Office at:
Data Protection and Privacy Office
Office of the General Counsel
Monash University VIC 3800
(3/321 Ferntree Gully Road, Mount Waverley)
Telephone: +61 3 9902 9589
The role of the University Privacy Coordinators is to:
- assist staff and students with general queries regarding data management and privacy;
- provide data management and privacy advice regarding the handling and management of personal or health information within their faculty or division
- escalate queries and data and privacy complaints to the Data Protection and Privacy office where appropriate; and
- inform the University's Data Protection and Privacy office immediately of data and privacy incidents of which they become aware.
Please contact the appropriate privacy co-ordinator from your faculty or division.
Alternately email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advice relating to information security and IT asset risk assessments please contact Security and Risk via email at email@example.com or on ext. 50775
Freedom of Information
For advice relating to Freedom of Information requests please contact the
The Freedom of Information Officer,
321 Ferntree Gully Road
Monash University VIC 3800
Telephone: +61 3 9905 5137
Records and Archives Services
For information relating to the retention and disposal of University records contact the Records and Archive Services
- Monash University Archives provides access and reference services and storage for permanent value corporate records. It also provides advice about retention and disposal of corporate records.
- The Records Management Office provides advice on how to manage and classify corporate records and set up record keeping systems. It provides HP RM/TRIM and records management training and provides advice on the management of student files.
Telephone: 1300 666 444
Postal address: Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner
Privacy and Data Protection
PO Box 24014
Melbourne VIC 3001
Telephone: 1300 582 113
International: +613 9032 3100
Postal address: Health Complaints Commissioner
570 Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Postal address: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001