The Australian Consumer and Retail Studies (ACRS) research unit is a global thought-leader in consumer behaviour and the retail industry. Positioned within Monash Business School's Department of Marketing, our mission is to develop new perspectives about emergent business challenges before they become business problems.
ACRS combines academic and industry expertise with the consumer voice to deliver rigorous, evidence-based research insights and strategic solutions that enable a positive and sustainable effect on individuals, retail industry, environment and society. Operating as a not for profit research unit, 100% of investment with ACRS is directed to producing expert research and delivering impactful solutions.
Since 2013, ACRS has conducted industry-benchmarking research in Customer and Shopper Experience and Satisfaction across the Retail Landlord sector. We also provide research services to commercial businesses looking to future-proof their business with independent, expert research and insights. ACRS services a diverse range of clients, from multi-national corporations, market research and advertising agencies, to retail technology and social enterprise start-ups.
ACRS supports businesses looking to:
- Stay ahead of emergent retail and consumer trends to set their strategic agenda;
- Transform the retail environment for enhanced customer experience and business return;
- Implement technology with consumer-centricity;
- Support consumers in their decision making process to buy their product;
- Improve return on investment and success outcomes including customer acquisition, retention, visitation, conversion, engagement and loyalty.
Supported by the Monash Business School Department of Marketing, ACRS engages with leading academic thinkers, graduating talent, best in class research facilities and thought-provoking events at the leading edge of retail insights.