Applying for Co-op
How do I apply?
Applications for the Co-operative Education Program open early in the academic year. Students who meet the eligibility requirements will be contacted via email and invited to apply. Applications should be made at least two semesters prior to the preferred Co-op internship starting date.
Example application timeline
|YEAR||SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2||SUMMER|
(Application information is sent to eligible candidates)
*domestic students only due to international student visa restrictions.
- Student applications OPEN
Student applications CLOSE
Review & pre-screen of all student applications
- Students advised of Employability Skills Program details for Semester 2
- Semester two commencement
- Employability Skills Program Commencement
- Employability Skills Program completed for Semester two students
- Students submit applications and interviews by prospective employers conducted for a Summer Co-op term commencement
- End of Exams - November
- Students likely to commence Summer Co-op term (3 months)
- December - January
- Interviews by prospective employers conducted for a Semester 1 Co-op term commencement
- February onwards
- Students likely to commence Semester 1 Co-op term (6 months)