Monash Centre for Membrane Innovation (MCMI) brings together world-leading expertise across to make transformative breakthroughs in membrane science, engineering, technology transfer, and innovation. In the last five years, Monash researchers have worked with 30+ industry partners, raised $30+ million and published over 130 papers. Together, MCMI will develop breakthroughs in membrane technologies to seed new start-ups companies and drive the Australian membrane industry forward.
MCMI research will focuses on
- Developing novel nanostructured membrane materials;
- Applying membranes to replace conventional processes;
- Designing optimised membrane processes;
- Developing advanced models for predicting membrane performance in real conditions; and
- Manufacturing prototype membrane modules for pilot scale testing.