Monash training modules
Monash University's Australian campuses stand on the traditional lands of the people of the Kulin Nations. In 2015, Monash University celebrated 50 years of Indigenous programs at Monash. This unit will provide you with a basic understanding of Indigenous people, culture and issues. Please set aside around 15 - 20 minutes to complete. This is not a marked activity.
English Connect has developed a number of workshops and resources that focus on the development of intercultural competence-related skills for students. These workshops are part of the Global Professional Communication program, and you can visit the website to see what is available this semester here: https://www.monash.edu/english-connect/global-professional-communication
Please contact English Connect at email@example.com for further information.
The following workshops are focusing on various elements of intercultural communication to develop your employability skills:
- Employment Networking Skills for Chinese Students
- Interview Skills Boot Camp for Chinese Students
- Returning to Mainland China and Navigating the Employment Market
- Interview Skills Boot Camp for Indian Subcontinent Students
- Employment Networking Skills for Indian Subcontinent Students
- Careers in North America, Canada
- Careers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Working in Australia
- Know your work rights in Australia
Please contact Career Connect at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Hear from students as they reflect on their time at Monash and offer their best advice for new international students. They explain the process of leaving your home country, what happens once you arrive in Melbourne, services available at Monash University, and your life in Australia. Watch some practical advice on how to use your English to communicate in day to day scenarios at Monash.