Our programs can be directed to fulfill specific objectives, depending on what information already exists, and where the clients want to take them to.
Most clients would want to first evaluate the therapeutic potential of their targets and early-stage compounds, then proceed to develop drug candidates where applicable:
- Potent and selective compounds towards specified target
- Target validation – the target can be selectively modulated by small molecules and elicit anticipated responses in cellular assays
- Proof-of-concept – modulation of the target gives a therapeutic effect in suitable animal models
- Patent protection and freedom-to-operate around lead series
- Drug candidate and associated data package – specific molecule that fulfills all aspects of the target product profile; in efficacy, bioavailability, pharmacokinetics and safety, with suitable bench-marking.