Ellisdon lab news
Behind every treatment that improves human health is a story of discovery. Every day we make new research discoveries and forge partnerships that have a global impact. Dr Andrew Ellisdon’s work has been featured in many outlets, here are some of the highlights:
News and outreach highlights
About Dr Ellison’s research:
- Funding scoop for research into rare genetic disorder (TSC), June 2019
- Studying stonefish venom may help combat transplant rejection, December 2015, As reported on ABC News, on radio in The World Today and published in the prestigious journal PNAS, Prof James Whisstock, Dr Sheena McGowan and Andrew Ellisdon's stonefish venom discovery could reduce transplant rejection rate in cancer patients.
Recognition and awards:
- 2018 Vice-Chancellor’s Education and Research Awards, December 2018: Dr Ellisdon was a team member and recipient of the Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Research Enterprise for ‘Advancing Immunotherapeutic Innovation from Promise to Product’
- Recognising outstanding achievements and reflecting on 2018, November 2018: Dr Ellisdon was a co-recipient of the Monash BDI Outstanding Industry Engagement and Commercialisation Award
- Creating impact: industry-academia engagement symposium, June 2018
- Creating next generation medicines: new industry collaboration announced with Roche (F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd and Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.), November 2016
Monash BDI news
With 700 researchers making incredible discoveries daily, Monash BDI has many success stories to share.