Here at Intelligent Digital Manufacturing and Design (I-DMD) Lab Monash, we mainly focus on the exploration of the digital future of design and manufacturing, especially on AI aided product and material design, smart manufacturing, advanced additive manufacturing, and its related design methods. We are developing the next generation design tools and manufacturing processes which can create a better life. I-DMD is a multi-disciplinary team supported by both the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department and the Materials Science and Engineering Department in the Faculty of Engineering. A team of researchers led by Dr. Yunlong Tang who specializes in digital design and manufacturing research is working on cutting-edge technologies and research projects. This is possible thanks to our numerous sponsors and partners both within the university and from industries throughout the world.
- Feb 12th, 2021, Additively Design and Manufacture Our Digital Future, The Martlets Society
- March 26th, 2021, AI , Machine Learning in Healthcare 3D Printing, 3D Heal
New Research Paper Published
- S, Yuan., S, Li, J. Zhu, & Tang, Y*,Additive manufacturing of polymeric composites from material processing to structural design. Composites Part B: Engineering, In Press
- Y Tang, Y Xiong, S Park, DW Rosen Universal material template for heterogeneous objects with applications to additive manufacturing, Computer-Aided Design, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2020.102929
- N Boddeti, Y Tang, K Maute, DW Rosen, ML DunnOptimal design and manufacture of variable stiffness laminated continuous fiber reinforced composites, Scientific Report,https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-73333-4
- Yi Xiong, Y Tang, Sang-In Park, David W Rosen, Harnessing Process Variables in Additive Manufacturing for Design Using Manufacturing Elements, Journal of Mechanical Design https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4046069