THE STARTUP SPRINT IS A FIVE-WEEK INTENSIVE ONLINE PROGRAM AIMED AT INDIVIDUALS AND TEAMS WHO HAVE VALIDATED AN IDEA AND ARE LOOKING TO RAPIDLY SPEED UP THEIR PROGRESS.
The program is designed to make you sprint on the progress metrics that matter the most to your startup or social enterprise. It might be; finishing your prototype fast, building and launching a minimum viable product, acquiring customers or users, nailing your marketing and value proposition or gathering strong evidence to sell your innovation to partners or investors.
Whatever your metric, the Startup Sprint is about moving fast, learning rapidly and developing the mindset of a startup founder.
Applications for the 2022 program are now closed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Great Founders have the ability to move fast, make smart decisions and track their progress over time. Startup Sprint is about building these foundations as an early stage startup founder. You will learn:
- How to define meaningful metrics and make progress
- The foundations of running a startup
- How to communicate your value
- How to communicate to investors
As part of the program you will get:
- Weekly online Masterclasses delivered by experienced startup experts and entrepreneurs
- Weekly dedicated coaching session with an Entrepreneur-in-Residence
- The opportunity to pitch for up to $2000 in support for your startup to grow
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Startup Sprint is designed for individuals and teams who are actively working on an idea and can provide evidence of one or more of the following:
- Evidence of quality customer interviews (100+ for consumer products or 20+ for business, enterprise or deep tech related technology)
- A functional prototype or minimum viable product
- Current users or customers
- Deep expertise in a market related to your idea
- Failures on past ideas which have led you to this idea
|Applications open||Wednesday 13 April 2022|
|Ask Me Anything session||Thursday 26 May 2022. 11:30am to 12:30pm|
|Applications close||Monday 30 May 2022 at 11.59pm|
|Program commences||Tuesday 14 June 2022|
|Weekly Masterclasses and Pitch Practice sessions||Tuesdays 14, 21, 28 June, 5, 12 July|
|Program concludes||Tuesday 26 July 2022|
This is an idea that you have progressed beyond an idea by conducting customer interviews (about 100 in person/phone conversations), you have launched a test and had users interact with it, you have a prototype that can be proven to be functional or you have a minimum viable product with customers or users.
Startup Sprint is open to all current Monash students, staff members, academics or alumni of Monash University.
The opportunity to pitch for a grant of up to $2000 will be assessed on application, and is dependent on the progress you make through the program and the highlighted need for funding. This is paid as an upfront grant (students and alumni), or if you a staff member of Monash University it will be either transferred to an internal cost centre, or paid as a reimbursement of expenses. If you have a current ABN, we can also arrange payment into a business bank account.
Weekly Masterclasses and coaching sessions are compulsory for the team lead and ideally all members of the team.
No, this program is provided free by Monash University to those eligible to apply.