We offer a number of targeted programs and opportunities specifically designed to address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the tertiary education sector. To ensure these programs and opportunities have their intended impact, we require people to provide evidence confirming eligibility as a condition of accessing Indigenous specific services and support, such as:
- admission through the Indigenous Entry courses or into the Indigenous-specific pathway programs
- the provision of textbooks and academic tutoring
- accessing Indigenous scholarships and bursaries
- accessing the Indigenous Traineeship Program
- accessing Indigenous employment opportunities
You'll be required to provide documentation if you wish to utilise our services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the process. We're here to help!
If requested a person may confirm Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identity through:
- a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by the chairperson of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Land Council, or
- a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by a delegate of an incorporated Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander organisation.
- a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your parent/s confirmation of Aboriginality as described above.
If you're unable to provide the documents listed above, please contact us.