Egyptology Society of Victoria
The Egyptology Society of Victoria (ESV) promotes and supports the study of ancient Egypt in Victoria and more broadly in Australia and Egypt. The Society is affiliated with the Centre for Ancient Cultures at Monash University. We run a regular series of public lectures and seminars throughout the year, and support Egyptological research, teaching and exchange. Established in 1990, the ESV brings scholars, students, and the general public together to celebrate, share and explore the fascinating culture of ancient Egypt.
Join and Support
- Follow us on Facebook to learn more about the Society and keep up to date with our activities.
- Become a member of the ESV and support Egyptology in Victoria.
- Membership is available at the rates below and can be paid online through Shop Monash.
- Standard annual* membership: $45
- Student/Pensioner annual* membership: $30
*Rates are inclusive of GST. The annual membership period runs from 1 July to 30 June; payments made between April 1 and June 30 will cover the coming financial year.
ESV members receive:
- Advance notification and booking for all ESV events
- Discount rates on all events organised by the Society that carry a cover charge
- A complimentary copy of the annual Bulletin of the Australian Centre for Egyptology, the leading Australian Egyptological journal.
The ESV welcomes donations, which can be made online through Shop Monash and are tax deductible. Since the founding of the Society, memberships and gifts from ESV members have funded an annual weekend symposium with international visiting scholars, subsidised student research in Egypt, assisted in the development of research library collections in Victoria, and supported Monash University excavations in the Dakhleh Oasis. Your annual membership and/or gift allows us to continue these important activities.
Archaeological investigations at al-Qasr and the Roman fort of Dakhleh Oasis
Online lecture, Wednesday 19 May at 7pm
The ESV and Monash Centre for Ancient Cultures are delighted to host a free online public lecture by Dr Paul Kucera as part of National Archaeology Week 2021.
How to attend: The lecture will be held by Zoom. Attendance is free and open to all. For more details, please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EgyptologyVic