Our research focuses on societal changes and its challenges. Arts Researchers investigate historical, cultural, technological, philosophical, ethical and social factors driving these changes. The hallmark of our work is a strong focus on applied research and innovation.
Our researchers work in a number of interdisciplinary fields such as health and wellbeing, social cohesion, cultural competency, migration and settlement, sustainability and environment, gender, policy development and creative practice.
Below are just a few examples of contract research conducted by Arts academics:
- Department of Health and Human Services (Vic): Review of the Family Violence Risk Assessment and Risk Management Framework in Victoria;
- Scanlon Foundation – Social Cohesion Mapping- Longitudinal Study;
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection – various research and consultancy projects on immigration and settlement, both in Australia and Asia Pacific region;
- Department of Human Services – Identification of the spatial distribution of vulnerable populations to extreme heat events in Melbourne;
- Department of Social Services – Social Policy Research;
- Transport Accident Commission – Evaluation of Road Safety Monitor survey research methodology;
- Anglicare – Evaluation of Family Violence service programs;
- Victorian Deaf Society – Video Relay Interpreting Evaluation;
- Limbs4Life – Evaluation of the project ‘Limbs 4 Kids’ National Program;
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Exchanging Knowledge about the impact of Micro-Blogging on Newsroom Cultures in China and Australia;
- Department of Environment, Land and Water Planning – Study of River Management Agencies;
- City of Boroondara – Youth Homelessness Research Study;
- Australian National Audit – Review the Effectiveness of Aids Program to Higher Education, etc
For more information about our projects please refer to project showcase.
The Arts Research Business Development Office provides research and professional support for the Faculty’s academic staff. If you have an idea for a possible project, want inspiration for how we can collaborate, or just want to hear more about what we can offer, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our business development team is always ready and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
Arts Research Business Development Office:
Phone: +613 9905 8547
Fax: +613 9905 1497
Location: 3rd Floor West, Menzies Building,
Monash University, Clayton campus