Academic Board Elections
Information about elected positions on Academic Board
Elections for staff and student elected positions on Academic Board are being administered by the Returning Officer.
As per University Council Regulations s12 (1) The Academic Board consists of:
(i) academic staff from each faculty elected by the academic staff of the faculty;
(ii) three academic staff of Monash University Malaysia, with one member from each of the following groups of faculties:
A. the Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences and the Faculty of Pharmacy;
B. the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Information Technology;
C. the Faculty of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Arts, elected by the academic staff of Monash University Malaysia from such groups of faculties;
(iii) one director of a non faculty-based research institute or centre elected by the directors of such institutes or centres;
(iv) 2 undergraduate students elected by the undergraduate students;
(v) one coursework graduate student elected by the coursework graduate students;
(vi) one higher degree by research student elected by the higher degree by research students; and
(vii) one student enrolled at Monash University Malaysia elected by the students enrolled at Monash University Malaysia.
For information regarding the election of the Academic Board President and Vice-Presidents, please refer to Council Regulations s13 and 14.
The Academic Board shall have a continuing rotating membership, with half of its elected members being elected each year.
A member other than an ex officio member or a president or a vice president will be appointed or elected (as the case may be) for a 2 year term commencing 1 July following his or her appointment or election.
The term of office of a member of the Academic Board referred to in subregulation 12 (1)(c)(iii), (iv) or (v) is 2 years commencing 1 January.
A member of the Academic Board is eligible for re-appointment or re-election if he or she is still qualified for appointment or election.
- 2022 Election of Student members to Academic Board
- 2022 Election of Steering Committee
- 2022 Faculty Based Academic Staff
- 2021 Election of Vice-President to Academic Board
- 2021 Election of Student Members to Academic Board
- 2021 Election of President to Academic Board
- 2021 Election of Vice-President to Academic Board (casual vacancy)
- 2021 Election of Steering Committee
- 2021 Faculty-based Academic Staff
- 2021 Non-Faculty based Director of Research Institute or Centre
- 2020 Election of Steering Committee
- 2020 Election of Faculty Based Academic Staff
- 2020 Election of Student Members
- 2019 Election of President to Academic Board
- 2019 Election of Student Members
- 2019 Election of Faculty Based Academic Staff
- 2019 Election of Director of Non-Faculty Based Institute or Centre
- 2018 Election of Student Members
The information on the nomination form and provided in a candidate's statement is collected by the Returning Officer for the purpose of administering the process of nominating candidates for election to Academic Board. This includes confirming eligibility of candidates and nominators with Monash Student Education and Business Services, providing candidates' details to Monash's external e-voting service provider and publishing candidates' statements to the electorate.
See the following for more information on:
- Handling of your personal information see the Student Data Protection and Privacy Collection Statement.
- Data Protection and Privacy at Monash University see our Data Protection and Privacy Procedure.
If you have any questions about how Monash University is collecting and handling your personal information, please contact our Data Protection and Privacy Office.