Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
- Search for answers or email a question using ask.monash
- Call us on +61 3 9902 6011 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Fax us on +61 3 9903 1247
- Visit Monash Connect on your campus Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
ask.monash - frequently asked questions
If you need help, ask.monash has over 800 answers to questions asked by students like you. Check out some of our most-asked questions below.
It's easy to search by category, and if your question isn't there, you can submit your own question. Our reply is sent to your Monash email account.
To get started, login to ask.monash with your Monash account to view all student-related answers or submit your own question.
- Can I enrol before my Enrolment Day?
- What should I bring on Enrolment Day?
- What should I expect to do on Enrolment Day?
- How long will my enrolment take?
- What do I need to do to enrol and re-enrol?
- What do I need to consider when choosing my units?
- Where can I find the Monash University Handbook and which one do I refer to?
- Why can't I find the unit I want in WES?
- Why is my unit showing as 'Unconfirmed'? in WES
- What is a WES transaction number?
- Why didn't I get a WES transaction number?
- How do I add a unit to my enrolment?
- WES won't let me enrol in a unit. What should I do?
- How do I enrol into a major or minor stream in WES?
- Can I enrol in language units in WES?
- I've completed a language entry test. How do I enrol in the recommended unit?
- What is a lecture, tutorial or prac?
- How do I discontinue a unit?
- What are the implications of discontinuing from a unit?
- When is the deadline for discontinuing a unit or course so I don't pay fees?
- What information will I get after Enrolment Day?
- Can I take time off from my course once I have enrolled?
- What is a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)?
- How do I change the payment method for my Student Contribution Amount (SCA)?
- Can I apply for FEE-HELP?
- How does FEE-HELP assist me to pay my tuition fees?
- When do I get my fee statement?
- Will I get a new fee statement if I change units?
- My fee statement is wrong. What do I do?
- Why is there a $0.00 balance on my fee statement?
- How can I pay my fees?
- How do I get an official fee payment receipt?
- Has Monash University received my Telegraphic Transfer payment?
- When and how do I pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)?
- Can I get help paying the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)?
- How will I know I've been awarded a scholarship or bursary?
- How do I accept, reject, or defer my scholarship or bursary offer?
- How do I defer my scholarship offer?
- What is the difference between Class Timetable and a personal timetable?
- How do I get my timetable?
- What is Allocate+ and how does it work?
- How do I create my timetable in Allocate+?
- What do I need to do in Allocate+ if I change units?
- Why is one of my units not showing in Allocate+?
- Do I need to be available all week to attend class during semester?
- Do I need to check Allocate+ after submitting my preferences?
- When do I get my semester timetable?
- How do I get a public transport student concession?
- I'm an International student. Can I get cheaper public transport?
- How do I take public transport to Monash University?
- Is there a shuttle bus service between campuses?
- Is there free parking during Swot Vac, exams and non-teaching?
- What does a parking permit cost?
- Can I buy a parking permit only for semester two?
- Is carpooling available at Monash University?
- How do I get the free student version of Microsoft Office 365?
- How do I access my Monash email?
- When will my unit appear in Moodle?
- Where can I get a copy of my unit guide?
- Does the Library have any lectures online?
- How do I find my unit's online site?
- How do I sign-up for PASS, the academic mentoring program?
- Where can I get my booklist and buy or sell my textbooks?
- Is there a resource to help me organise my time and studies?
- Does the Library offer programs on how to use its resources?
- How do I obtain a copy of EndNote and learn how to use it?
- Can I get help to improve my academic performance?