Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
Weeks 1 - 3
Want to make unit changes?
Find out about the deadlines for adding or dropping units
Study: getting off to a good start
MonTRACK: advice and support for all students
Fix timetable problems
Clashes or classes already full
- Choose a class on another time or day. You could try checking the University class timetable to get a calendar view of all your options.
- Watch the lecture on Learning Capture:
- check the online lecture schedule to see if your lecture is being recorded. Some faculties let you leave the lecture unallocated in your timetable. Others force you to include the clash.
- only lectures are recorded, so this won't help you sort out clashes with tutorials, pracs or other classes.
- Watch a lecture in real-time, or at a later stage, through Live Streaming. If available, this option will be indicated in Allocate+.
- Request to swap into a full class in Allocate+. You can make multiple swap requests for a class, whether or not you're allocated to another time-slot. You'll be notified by email if a swap is found. For further details, see fix timetable problems.
- Change your unit enrolment in WES:
- check the rules on compulsory, prerequisite and corequisite units first. This is in the unit description in the Handbook.
- changes to enrolment take about two hours to show up in Allocate+.
- If you want to request a clash or you need other type timetabling help, submit the online help request.