Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
Fix timetable problems
Log in issues
There may be a number of reasons why you can't log into Allocate+:
- You've clicked on the wrong year. Make sure you select the current year's tab. See Allocate+ login.
- You aren't enrolled in any units. Log into the Web Enrolment System (WES) and enrol in units.
- You've only just enrolled or changed your enrolment in WES. It can take up to two hours for unit changes to appear in Allocate+.
- You've clicked on the wrong link. We have a separate version of Allocate+ for students, staff and Monash College. See Allocate+ login.
If these reasons don’t apply to you and you get a different error message, take a screenshot, attach it to an enquiry and send it to us so we can investigate further.
A unit isn't showing in Allocate+
There are four likely reasons why a unit isn’t showing in Allocate+:
- You're not looking at the current Allocate+ site. You may have selected the tab for the wrong year on the Allocate+ login page.
- You recently changed units. Unit changes can take up to two hours to display in Allocate+ after submitting them in the Web Enrolment System (WES).
- Your course doesn't use Allocate+ for some or all of its timetabling. To check if this applies to you, submit a timetabling help form.
- You haven't selected the student login. You may have selected the staff, Monash College student or staff tab on the login page.
If none of these apply to you, submit the timetabling help form.
Unit activites aren't appearing or are incomplete
In most cases, during preference entry, your units display in the left-hand pane in Allocate+ under two main headings:
- Select preferences: displays your enrolment for next semester. It lists units with the option to enter activity preferences.
- No group available: units appear here for several reasons. It could be that they're being taught online or off-campus, there aren't class activities for you to attend, or the faculty hasn't yet released unit activities for preference entry.
When Allocate+ opens in adjustment mode, don't worry if your timetable is incomplete. Although we can’t guarantee you’ll get your preferences, we’ll work with you to make sure you have a complete timetable by the time the semester starts. Log into Allocate+ every few days to check for changes.
If you have a clash in your timetable, check if one of the classes is recorded and can be watched at a later stage. It will be labelled as an OnlineOwnTime activity in Allocate+. If you have a look in the grid (calendar) view, these recordings will be pale blue with a dotted border. If you have a clash with this type of activity, you can leave it there. You don’t need to do anything as you can watch the recorded class in your own time.
If however, you have a clash between two activities that need to be attended at the same time, you have a range of options available to you.
- Choose an activity in Allocate+ on another day or time.
- Submit a swap request if there is a full class you would like to attend.
- Submit a clash request - clashes can be forced only between activities with a lecture or seminar as they’ll be recorded and you can watch them any time. Some unit’s seminars and lectures cannot be clashed. Our team will check if this is possible. Submit a clash request through the timetabling help form.
- Change your unit enrolment.
Unit activities are full
If you can't allocate yourself into an activity because it's full, see your options below:
- Log in to Allocate+ regularly as we'll be working to make more places available. And don't worry, we'll work with you to make sure your timetable is complete before the start of semester.
- If it’s a lecture or seminar, see if there is an Online in Real Time or Online in Own Time option available.
- You can also request to swap into a full class in Allocate+. Simply click the heart icon next to the full activity. The heart will turn red and a message will pop up advising that you'll be notified if a swap is found. For further details, see swap function.
- Alternatively, you can request course advice to find out if there are other units you can enrol in instead.
Viewing a timetable of all classes
Other troubleshooting tips
For other troubleshooting tips, see our fix timetable problems page.