Training and workshops
Life science is becoming increasingly computational and data-oriented. Researchers at all levels desire data analysis skills. One of the Platform’s core activities is staff sharing their data analysis skills with life science researchers through training.
Though the Data Fluency initiative we conduct hands-on Bioinformatics workshops to help researchers develop and improve their digital data handling skills These cover introductory to advanced computational topics such as:
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to Python
- Programming and tidy data analysis in R
- Reproducible research in R
- Linear models in R
- Working with DNA sequences and features in R with Bioconductor
- Introduction to the command line (Unix)
- Omics specific data analysis training such as working with RNASeq, ChIPseq, Denovo assembly and genome annotation
Upcoming workshops are listed in the Data Fluency calendar.
National and International Training networks
We actively participate in Bioinformatics education and training steering in Australia and overseas.