Units you need permission to take, Faculty of Arts

You must get permission from us to enrol in a unit when:

  • You do not meet its pre-requisites.
  • The unit coordinator needs to authorise enrolments. This applies to internship units as well as graduate research projects and graduate research thesis units.

You cannot enrol in these units in WES. If you try, you will get an error message asking you to contact us.

How to get permission

  1. Email the coordinator (listed in the Handbook unit entry) for approval.
  2. Provide us with the email from the unit coordinator granting you permission to enrol in the unit.

You can do this in one of the following ways:

  • Find the email conversation between yourself and the unit coordinator via your student email account and submit it online.
  • Submit a request to enrol in the unit through and attach a screenshot of the permission email you received.
  • Print out the permission email and bring it to an Arts Student Services counter (Clayton or Caulfield). We will ask you to fill in an Enrolment Amendment Form, and will attach it to the permission email.